Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Weather Update:


(11:20 PM Columbus AFB Radar - Click for Larger View)



* Hi everyone. I apologize for being absent on the blog today and tonight. We have had major issues with our computer graphics system at the station. I am also with limited internet so I am not able to update the blog. I've ran home a few minutes to use the internet and to get ready for the storms overnight.

* I want to thank our weekend meteorologist Rob Hart, who is up in Starkville, for the excellent job keeping the blog going tonight since I am not able to update from WTOK. He will keep the blog going tonight to help me out.

* Quick notes.... Severe Thunderstorm Watch for Winston and Noxubee County in East Mississippi and Pickens County in West Alabama until 5:00 AM. Our warning alert maps on ABC 11 and FOX Meridian are not airing as we are having some issues. We're working on this problem...

* As you can see from the radar above the line of strong storms is running roughly along US 72 over North Mississippi and Alabama. There are storms forming along outflow boundaries ahead of the main lines. These storms bear some watching as the move southward as well.

* I expect the line of storms to reach our northern viewing area between 2 and 3 AM and the MS 16 corridor around 4 and I-20/US 80 toward 5. The watch is out until 5:00 AM and if the storms continue strong a new watch will probably be issued later this morning including the rest of our viewing area.


* One more issue is the radar on wtok.com/weather. The computer issue is still not resolved with the radar so no updated images are feeding to the website. Please use these radar links for current images:


Jackson NWS Radar:
http://radar.weather.gov/radar_lite.php?rid=dgx&product=N0R&loop=no

Birmingham NWS Radar:
http://radar.weather.gov/radar_lite.php?rid=bmx&product=N0R&loop=no

Mobile NWS Radar:
http://radar.weather.gov/radar_lite.php?rid=mob&product=N0R&loop=no

* I'm heading back to the station here in a bit so I will without internet. Rob is going to continue to update you on the weather overnight here on the blog. I'll be with you on Newscenter 11 and FOX Meridian if warnings are issued overnight.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address to receive daily updates from the Newscenter 11 Weather Blog:

Delivered by FeedBurner

!-- Start of StatCounter Code -->