Saturday, March 04, 2006

Hectic Weekend

* My laptop is back running and operational this morning, so I'll recap what has been a very hectic go of it lately...

I did two presentations at this year's Southeast Severe Storms Symposium. A major part of one of the presentations was video that I had edited (with the help of Thomas Burton - thanks!) on to a tape. On Tuesday night, the tape broke, and I had to start all over.

I worked until 2-3 AM Thursday morning re-editing the tape, and spent much of Thursday afternoon finishing things up. I also had a visit with my doctor Thursday afternoon - I have a serious congestion/sore throat episode in progress. Then, Thursday night, my laptop crashed - and I had only backed up a portion of my actual presentations. So, I drove to Starkville after the 10:00 news Thursday night and began working on getting my presentation ready on a friend's laptop. I finally got done around 4:00 AM, and I caught a quick power nap before getting up at 6:45 AM...My first talk was the first talk of the entire Symposium, so I couldn't be late with it.

Somehow my voice held up through both talks. Finally, this morning, I have my laptop operational again. I hope to provide more frequent updates today, as long as health and computer issues don't rear their head again.

1 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't they say....When it rains, it pours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address to receive daily updates from the Newscenter 11 Weather Blog:

Delivered by FeedBurner

!-- Start of StatCounter Code -->