Tuesday, February 14, 2006

My Least Favorite Day

* Well today is Valentine's Day, and before you make judgement, I will explain why it is my least favorite holiday. Doesn't it seem like you HAVE to do something romantic on this day. I mean afterall, if you didn't buy your special someone flowers or candy or a gift, wouldn't you come off as shallow and probably be in the dog house forever (I seem to find ways to do this anyways)?

This is why I don't like Valentine's Day....most of the time it is forced. Don't get me wrong, I can be a very romantic guy (when given the chance). But that is the point...its the subtle romantic gestures that go a long ways. Just letting that special someone know that you are thinking about them is the most important. Flowers on a random Thursday....a little note on the mirror in the morning...even just noticing your wife got her hair done can do wonders!

I am not suggesting that you don't get your loved one anything for Valentine's Day -- in fact you better or you are in for a lousy 2 months! But let's not forget that person the remaining 364 days out of the year. As for me...I will be celebrating Single's Awareness Day watching reruns of Who's The Boss.

Happy Valentine's Day!

2 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It should probably be noted that Renny is a card-carrying member of the TONY DANZA FAN CLUB...

Copy and paste this link into your browser:

http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=nqtnd4

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Well today is Valentine's Day, and before you make judgement, I will explain why it is my least favorite holiday."

Is Valentine's Day a holiday? Should I be asking my boss for time and a half?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address to receive daily updates from the Newscenter 11 Weather Blog:

Delivered by FeedBurner

!-- Start of StatCounter Code -->