Saturday, September 03, 2005

Bottle up the Blue

Its like clockwork...

Today begins the first full day of college football. I hope for many this can serve as a brief distraction from all the saddness and hardwork in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. I know it will for me. Suprisingly, Katrina has made this football Saturday feel like one. How?

Well as a native of Lincoln, NE I have had the pleasure of spending each fall watching my beloved Nebraska Cornhuskers. And as a child, I remember waking up early on a Saturday morning almost feeling like it was Christmas Day, excited for the big game! The most distinct memory of each game day was heading outside early to play catch with my brother or dad and feeling that cool, crisp Autumn air give goosebumps. For some reason, those cool, crisp game day mornings had the bluest skies.

Well here we are and its another football saturday, only this time in Meridian. And as Katrina parted the area, it left us with high pressure and much drier air. As a result, I am having those same feelings this morning. If my dad were here, I think I'd take him out for a game of catch and enjoy that bright blue sky. If only we could bottle it up...

I hope you can find a distraction for a day or two, whether it be college football, a game of catch, or even just sitting down and talking with a good friend or your family. God Bless and enjoy your weekend!

2 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey is there somewhere that i can watch over the severe weather in the atlantic? If so can you give me the link?

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Renny Vandewege said...

Severe Weather as in Tropical systems or as in tornadoes/bow echoes/hail?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address to receive daily updates from the Newscenter 11 Weather Blog:

Delivered by FeedBurner

!-- Start of StatCounter Code -->