Sunday, August 21, 2005

Sizzling Summertime Weather

*Well tomorrow will cap another warm weekend across the area. Temperatures will top out in the upper 90s and I imagine a few thermometers will show 100. The models have been consistent on generating a few showers and thunderstorms on Sunday, especially north of I-20. But you know the drill -- it doesn't take much for an afternoon storm, so we all could see a slight chance during peak heating.

*It has been a pleasure spending the weekend with my father, who is in town from Lincoln, NE (my old stomping grounds). We spent Friday at the Pearl River Resort...a special thanks to them for the great hospitality. Just wish Dad could stay around a little longer. I haven't made it back to Nebraska in quite some time so hopefully I will get back and see all of my family and friends over the Christmas Holidays!

*Be sure to "stay cool" on Sunday, and then look forward to a little relief from the heat as a cold front swings southward on Tuesday. With highs topping out near 90 and lows in the middle 60s, it sure has me getting geared up for football season. Fall has always been my favorite season (not ONLY because my birthday is in October). I am looking forward to watching football while getting the weekend forecasts ready to go...and you can't beat a cool, crisp, blue-skied football Saturday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address to receive daily updates from the Newscenter 11 Weather Blog:

Delivered by FeedBurner

!-- Start of StatCounter Code -->