Thursday, February 23, 2006

Busy Times...

* Beginning to wind down a bit of a long day. My travels today took me to Neshoba Central Elementary School for a visit with the 3rd graders up there. After some problems with the projector, we got things going quickly.

It was a nice visit, but I had to get back to Meridian to begin working on the forecast graphics for tonight's newscast as well as tomorrow's (Friday)web forecast posted to the internet. After the end of the 6:00 news, I shot home and ate a quick dinner. Then, it was back to work on some auxiliary projects.

I'm presenting at next weekend's Southeast Severe Storms Symposium in Starkville. I have two presentations; one covers tips for people starting new jobs in broadcast meteorology, the other is an in-depth examination of our coverage of Hurricane Katrina. I hope I don't put too many people to sleep, I will probably be the most unintelligent person making a presentation. I'm putting some finishing touches on these presentations, so that occupies a bit of my time. Throw in some radio work for my friends at AM 1010 WMOX, and it can make for a busy day.

* Tomorrow will be even busier. I'm judging the Science Fair over at Russell Christian Academy - that's supposed to last from around 8:15 until sometime in the afternoon. From there, it'll be time to head to WTOK for the evening shift. After the 10:00 news, I'll get in my car and drive home to visit some family and friends over the weekend in northeast Alabama - I'll probably make it home around 2:00 AM...

1 Comments:

At 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better watch out for heavy rain during your trip home...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address to receive daily updates from the Newscenter 11 Weather Blog:

Delivered by FeedBurner

!-- Start of StatCounter Code -->