Friday, April 20, 2007

A Loss In Our MSU Weather Family:

* I learned some sad news this afternoon about a former classmate of mine who lost her battle with cancer at the age of 27. Melissa Greer, the weekend meteorologist at WBTV in Charlotte, North Carolina died this morning. I graduated with Melissa and it seems just like yesterday we are all sitting in the climate lab at the round table studying and talking about an upcoming meteorology exam...especially our water resources class. Melissa was also the morning weather anchor at WCBI in Columbus at the time so her smile always started my morning when I was checking to see how the weather looked for the day.

* Melissa's story is one of courage and sadness... and I would like to share it with you. My prayers are with her family during this time. Its a sad loss for our all of us who when through the program at MSU with Melissa and had the honor of spending time with her every day at Mississippi State.

http://www.wbtv.com/news/greer

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My prayers are with her husband, son, family and all those who are sadden by her loss. To be taken down at such a young age.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address to receive daily updates from the Newscenter 11 Weather Blog:

Delivered by FeedBurner

!-- Start of StatCounter Code -->