Sunday, April 22, 2007

Greetings From Central Louisiana:

This is my first blog here at WTOK, and I just wanted to take a minute to tell you a little about me. I was born and raised in Meridian, and graduated from Clarkdale High School in 2000. My parents are Mike and Glenda Hughes, and I have one brother Todd Hughes who currently attends Clarkdale. I went to Meridian Community College for two years and received my Associate's Degree, and then I transferred to Mississippi State University in the Fall of 2002. I received my B.S. Degree in Geosciences with a concentration in Broadcast Meteorology and also a Minor in Communications in 2005. While at Mississippi State, I met my wife Jessica Hughes. We have been married for almost a year, and we currently do not have any children but we do have a dog and two cats so obviously I love animals. I have spent the last two years as the Weekend Meteorologist in Alexandria, LA; furthermore, I will continue doing weekend weather in Alexandria through the end of May while also working Tuesday-Friday in Meridian. I am very excited to get the chance to move back home, and I look forward to providing East Mississippi and West Alabama with accurate weather information. I would also like to say a big thank-you to Chris Whited (Morning Meteorologist) for the help and training he has provided me during this transition period. The weather graphics system I use at KALB in Alexandria is totally different than the weather equipment WTOK has, but Chris is doing a great job teaching me how to use it. Please make sure to scroll down the page the see the information Chris posted about the SKYWARN Spotter Class. A little weather blurb... The area remains very dry, but rainfall is in the forecast late Wednesday into Thursday. Check out Rob Hart's forecast on Newscenter 11 at Ten tonight, and then catch Chris bright and early tomorrow morning at 5:30 on Good Morning Meridian. God Bless!

1 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Trent.

Your first order of business is to bring us some much needed RAIN.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address to receive daily updates from the Newscenter 11 Weather Blog:

Delivered by FeedBurner

!-- Start of StatCounter Code -->