Friday, April 06, 2007

A Freeze Tonight & Some Blog Issues:

* Hello from North Alabama:

* Top weather story this weekend is the weekend freeze as cooler weather has well established itself across the Twin States. Expect a very cold night tonight with upper 20s and lower 30s across the area and a little colder Sunday and Monday morning. Scan down the blog for an update on the current freeze advisories for our area

* Driving up 59/20 though East Mississippi and well into Alabama this morning I noticed the rains have helped green up things but these chilly temperatures are going to keep the atmosphere dry so I would not be surprised to see some fire issues so please be careful if you plan any outdoor burning. I know most of the burn bans have been dropped in our area but I would still say use some caution.

* Quick note about our weather blog. I want to apologize for not updating the blog this week. WTOK, our sister stations across the country, and our parent company Gray TV got hit by a nasty internet virus last weekend that has caused major computer problems in the weather center and here with your weather blog. Our company is in the process of getting the bugs out this week and as a precaution has limited internet access to some websites. It just happens that the site that hosts our weather blog is one that we cannot get to at work so I am not able to update at the station. This may last a bit longer until we get full internet access back but I will do my best to update the blog when at home or when I have access to another internet service. I want to take a minute to thank Rob Hart our weekend meteorologist for assisting me with updating the blog this week. He helped me out this morning adding the freeze advisories graphic on the blog and did a great job helping update the other night during our inclement weather. I’m glad to have him on our team!

* Ashley will be in for me tonight covering the evening newscasts and Rob will update you over the weekend. Be sure to tune in for the latest on the Easter cold snap with them over the weekend. I want to take a minute to wish you and your family a wonderful and safe Easter holiday. I’ll be back with you Monday morning bright and early on Good Morning Meridian!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address to receive daily updates from the Newscenter 11 Weather Blog:

Delivered by FeedBurner

!-- Start of StatCounter Code -->