Sunday, March 19, 2006

Sunday Afternoon

* Let me first say that I may possibly be the worst "bracketologist" ever. After a highly successful first day, I have gone nowhere but downhill. Thank you Kansas for busting my bracket.

* Things sure are wet out there. While there are a few sporadic showers south of I-20, the vast majority of rainfall is north of I-20. The heaviest ban of rain now extends right along the highway 15 corridor. Most of us will pick up close to a half inch of rain this afternoon. But it looks like the heaviest rain will come tomorrow

* The threat still looms for severe weather tomorrow. As Josh mentioned previously, instability will be the main limiting factor. Should we see clouds mix out and a good amount of sunshine tomorrow, we could be in for a very busy day. I'd like to check out a little more model guidance and data before getting a real firm forecast together. I will be posting a severe weather discussion later this evening so be sure to check that out! The Storm Prediction Center continues their forecast for a slight risk across our area. The 30% hatched area represents the possibility of a few significant weather events to occur. To see that forecast, click the link below.

SPC Day 2 Outlook

3 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kansas? Come on! I thought you could forecast better than that. Just kidding. Keep up the good work on-air.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Renny Vandewege said...

Thank you! Yeah with Kansas going 15-1 to round out their season, I was banking that they could keep the hot streak going...

Then again I always thought Nebraska football would be at the top of the charts forever...oops

 
At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like another bad storm heading our way. I hope you and everybody else takes it as seriously as the storm we had a couple of weeks ago. I know you guys will be busy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address to receive daily updates from the Newscenter 11 Weather Blog:

Delivered by FeedBurner

!-- Start of StatCounter Code -->