Saturday, December 24, 2005

Funny how things work...

* This is my first christmas away from home. While I would love to be spending time with my family in Nebraska, I couldn't ask for a better 2nd family than the one I have here at WTOK. It has been an absolute pleasure working here the past 5 1/2 months. I think this Christmas we need to remember to be thankful for the things we have. I was feeling a bit homesick a little while ago, but I remembered all of the people who were impacted by this horrific hurricane season, including right at home with Katrina. That was one of the most emotionally and physically challenging days of my life, but I still have my home. I think our thoughts and prayers need to go to those who may not have come out so lucky. God Bless You!

* How does that ole christmas carole go? "Then one foggy Christmas Eve, Santa came to say. Rudolph with your nose so bright, why don't you guide my sleigh tonight." Sure enough, very dense fog has formed across the area tonight in part to evaporation of the heavy rain we received this afternoon. Please use caution on the roads if you are heading out this evening!! It just struck me as odd that such a dense fog would form on Christmas Eve when I was humming that song no more than two hours ago.

* Enjoy the time with your family and friends this Christmas Holiday. And from my WTOK family to your family........MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address to receive daily updates from the Newscenter 11 Weather Blog:

Delivered by FeedBurner

!-- Start of StatCounter Code -->