Monday, June 06, 2005

A little something about me

My name is Harmony Johnson and I am interning here at WTOK for the summer. I am a senior at Mississippi State University majoring in Broadcast Meteorology. Ever since I was a kid I have loved the weather. IT facsinates me. WEll severe weather excites me, I mean don't get me wrong, I like sunny days as much as the next but severe weather is my favorite. It is so interesting to learn about how weather works and the changes the atmosphere goes through.

I hope to get a job next year somewhere in the south so I am close to home. I also want to work around here because of the amazing weather we have here in the south. It is so exciting and it is always changing. You never know what to expect especially during the summer when thunderstorms pop up out of nowhere.

I hope while I am here interning at WTOK that I can improve on my communication skills as well as learn more about how to forecast the weather. I mean that to me is the most important aspect of being a Meteorologist. You have to know all about the weather but forecasting and communicating it is what it is all about, especially since the weather is always changing.

And I hope to learn that while I am here so can take the knowledge with me as I start looking for a job in the near future.

1 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Blogger Jim Myrick said...

welcome aboard harmony

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address to receive daily updates from the Newscenter 11 Weather Blog:

Delivered by FeedBurner

!-- Start of StatCounter Code -->