Monday, June 13, 2005

Hurricane Season Has Begun

I hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine after all the rain we had this past weekend with Arlene. I know we needed the rain but I am glad to see the sun out today. The bad news is that since the sun is out temperatures will be around ninety. So it will be hot and humid today.

I hope everyone is as excited about Hurricane season as I am. Well I am sure the people who live on the coast probably have a different opinion but I love the weather so of course I love Hurricane season. I think it has started off well with Tropical Storm Arlene.

The reason Arlene was able to form was because the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean water temperatures are warm this time of year. Arlene was not strong however due to the drier air that was over the Southeast. Understand I do not wish for harm to come to the Gulf Coast or Florida but I am interested in Hurricanes. I am looking forward to see how the rest of the Hurricane season goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address to receive daily updates from the Newscenter 11 Weather Blog:

Delivered by FeedBurner

!-- Start of StatCounter Code -->