Friday, April 01, 2005

Finally Calming Down

* After a very stormy 48 hours, our weather is finally beginning to calm down. Like many of you, I am very thankful for this - I sure could use some sleep. I look forward to enjoying some pleasant weather at the Jimmie Rodgers festival! I'm also excited about getting my new grill fired up this weekend. I really have a lot to look forward to and be thankful for. Grilling out is one of my favorite things to do. It's just too bad we don't have any football right now to go along with the barbeque!

* The weekend looks great, temperatures in the 60's and perhaps lower 70's on Sunday. Saturday night will be cold, with patchy frost as temperatures drop into the middle 30's.

* The next chance of rain comes in here by late Tuesday into early Wednesday. It's early in the game, but the GFS suggests that more thunderstorms could be in the offing. Nothing set in stone, but we'll certainly keep an eye on things.

* I have a few comments about our weather over the past week and a half.

- First, be thankful. I've seen video from places across Mississippi and Alabama with significant damage. A man was killed in southern Georgia last week. Things could have been worse, so let's count our blessings.

- Secondly, I'd like to thank everyone for their help. Derek Kinkade, our weekend meteorologist, was here working overtime and supporting our weather operation. Our EMA partners have really done a superb job in our new Instant Messaging network. The NWS in Jackson and Birmingham has been working long hours as well, so I'd like to thank them for their hard work. Spend some time with your family!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address to receive daily updates from the Newscenter 11 Weather Blog:

Delivered by FeedBurner

!-- Start of StatCounter Code -->